Questions to Ask Your Potential Listing Agent
Choosing a Realtor can be extremely stressful. As a seller, you should select the person or team that can sell your home for the best price in the shortest amount of time with as little stress as possible!
When hiring an agent to help you sell your home, it’s important to ask more questions than simply, “how much can I get for my house?” When interviewing agents, assess their knowledge, expertise, and connections with the following questions:
- How familiar are you with my neighborhood?
- How many homes have you sold in this neighborhood? To follow up on this question, ask how many homes they’ve sold in your city.
- Are you currently working with buyers that might be interested in my home?
- Can you describe your listing process and what to expect when selling our home from beginning to end?
- What is your team’s track record for list-to-sale ratios for previous sales?
- How much do you think my home is worth?
- How does that value compare to the sale prices for homes sold in the previous 3-6 months?
- What are the average days on the market for recent listings, both in my neighborhood and for other homes you’ve listed?
- How long do you think it will take to get an offer on my home?
- What would your previous clients say about you?
By asking these questions, you can gauge what experience the agent has listing and selling similar properties. You want to hire an agent who can help you determine an appropriate list price so you receive a reasonable contract in the shortest time possible. Our team often gets asked these questions and we’d love the opportunity to work with you to sell your home.
Our team has extensive knowledge and expertise in local real estate communities which we use to price and position your property competitively. We also have an extensive marketing program that will highlight the best features of your house and showcase your home to a wide range of buyers.
When someone purchases a house, they are also buying a lifestyle. Our experience in Ponte Vedra Beach and the surrounding communities helps us convey the wonderful lifestyle here in Northeast Florida. We work hard at developing relationships with all of our customers and have a sphere of qualified potential buyers that are looking for a wide range of home types in our area. Having a pool of buyers that are ready and able to purchase can be a great benefit to you as a seller, creating a quick and smooth transaction!
Past experience is also a good indicator of future performance. We have a long history of being top-producing agents in Ponte Vedra Beach and Jacksonville. We’ve worked with thousands of customers — assisting many individuals, families, and investors — to find their next home. Our expertise allows us to ease the stress for you!
If you are interested in listing your home with the Lisa Barton Team, we hope you’ll give us the opportunity to answer the questions above and demonstrate our expertise as listing agents. Visit our sell your home page for more information about what we provide as your Ponte Vedra Real Estate Agents.
Need help buying or selling your home?
If you are new to the area and have questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We would be glad to help.
Want to receive market updates and real estate news catered to the Ponte Vedra Beach area? If so, subscribe to our newsletter.