Toll Brothers, a national builder with an excellent reputation, is building single-family homes in Coastal Oaks. Many new home buyers are attracted to Coastal Oaks because, in addition to Nocatee's extensive amenities, this neighborhood offers its residents a swimming pool, fitness center, sports fields, tennis courts, and a playground.
If you're considering building in Coastal Oaks of Nocatee, you'll need to know what steps to take. We asked Toll Brothers Sales Manager, Andrew Colavito, to walk us through the new home building process. He described these steps to us:
- The first step is to meet with a Toll Brothers site agent and get registered with the Toll Brothers team. Many buyers prefer to have their own real estate agent accompany them to their first visit to Coastal Oaks. It's important to understand that you won't pay more for a new home if you have your own agent, and many buyers appreciate having an agent who is looking out for their best interests.
- Then you'll choose a home design from one of the many luxury home designs available and also choose home site on which to build. Not every home can be built on every site, so the floor plan that works for you will determine which lot will work best. Once you've chosen a floor plan and home site, a non-binding, 100%-refundable deposit of $1000 will be required to reserve that lot for up to 10 days. During those 10 days, you'll work with the Toll Brothers team to comprise a “wish list”, including structural options and decide your choices for finishes (flooring, cabinet, counters, etc.) in the Toll Brothers Design Studio.
- The Design Studio is located within Coastal Oaks so it couldn't be easier. One of the nice features of working with Toll Brothers is the ability to modify the home design to suit your family's needs. Once you've made all your choices, your Toll Brothers agent will turn your “wish list” into a spreadsheet of costs. You'll know the exact cost to build your dream home.
- This spreadsheet will help you budget accordingly. At this point, you'll also work with a mortgage company and complete the mortgage application process.
- When you're comfortable with the home site, floor plan, and options, you'll sign an Agreement of Sale. This is your contract. At the signing, a binding deposit will be required. The deposit will be 5% of the base price, 25% of the home site premium, and 25% of your chosen options.
- It takes approximately two (2) months for the architectural plans to be drafted. Once the plans are completed, you'll attend the pre-construction meeting. Then, construction begins! Andrew says it takes between 6-7 months to build a small house and about 10-11 months for a larger home.
- Move-in and live happily ever after!