We just sold this adorable home in Ponte Vedra Beach's Sawmill Lakes neighborhood. Here's what the sellers had to say about our service:
“What a wonderful team to work with on selling our house! Everyone took such great care of our family during a time of change.... We appreciated their expertise and compassion immensely!”
Continue reading “Home Just Sold in Sawmill Lakes ”...
What is the current state of national and regional trends in residential real estate? Are sales strong or weak and are prices moving up or down? What is the status of housing starts and how does that compare to recent trends? What is the outlook? These are questions that I hear frequently. Just as frequently I hear assertions about the current marketplace that startle me and seem to have little grounding in actual data or recognized trends. What can we believe and why? What data should we be looking at? And what does the date about real estate tell us?
Our local market is imbedded in and affected by the larger national economy and real estate market. Despite recent concerns with international instability and knock-on effects within the US the New York Times (NYT Sep 25, 2015) reports that “Growth in the US Poised to Last, Data Suggests”.
The optimistic outlook reported by the NYT is premised on the following key data points.
- Business investment continues to be robust
- New applications for jobless benefits barely rose in the recent period
- New home sales (as of August 2015) rose to the highest level since early 2008.
Continue reading “October 2015 Update on the National Real Estate Market ”...
Yesterday, we took time from our busy schedules to have lunch at one of the premier country clubs in Ponte Vedra Beach, The Plantation at Ponte Vedra. The Plantation is an exquisitely designed community that offers its members the luxurious amenities of a high-end resort. Plantation residents enjoy an array of world-class amenities including: an impressive members-only golf course designed by Arnold Palmer, 7 Har-Tru tennis courts, a fitness center, a library, Junior Olympic-size pool, and the beautiful Beach Club, which overlooks Ponte Vedra’s gorgeous white sandy beach.
Continue reading “The Plantation at Ponte Vedra ”...
Recently, we had the pleasure of hearing Rick Ray, President and CEO of the Parc Group, speak about the outstanding growth in Nocatee. The statistics are amazing!
- Nocatee was recognized as the "Master Planned Community of the Year" by the Southeast Building Conference in July 2015.
- Nocatee is now the third fastest growing planned community in the United States. In 2014 over 800 new homes were sold.
- Over 700 potential buyers visted the Nocatee Welcome Center in August.
- Nocatee's Facebook page is growing rapidly with a 54% growth in social fans and followers each month.
- The Nocatee website has over 1200 NEW visitors a day, capturing over 1,000 NEW buyers each quarter.
- People moving to Nocatee are diverse in age, with an equal number of home buyers being between 35-45 and those over 55.
- Nocatee home buyers are often using a licensed Realtor, with 60% of new homes sales associated with a real estate agent.
Continue reading “What’s New in Ponte Vedra’s Town of Nocatee ”...
Thinking of putting your house on the market?. Once you have made the decision to sell (and enlisted the help of a highly competent agent, of course) you need to do everything possible to make your property stand-out and command the attention of buyers. Here are some tips on what to do and why:
- Remember, first impressions count, really count! The curb appeal of your house is critical. Your house must look tidy and well cared for. You want the potential buyers to be excited about coming inside! Make sure the grass is neat, the hedges are trimmed and any decaying limbs are pruned from trees. Plant fresh flowers to add color or enhance planters you have in the entry. This is the time to paint the trim, change the old mailbox, pressure wash the driveway and sidewalk, re-hang or replace shutters and paint the front door. If the door knob and lock are looking shabby they should be polished or replaced too. The entrance hallway should be welcoming. You can add a bench or decorate a table with fresh flowers.
- Before putting your house on the market make any minor repairs. All appliances, doors, windows, and drawers should be in good working order. This would be a very good time to have a home inspection and address any issues found by the inspector.
- Declutter and depersonalize your house (including the closets, bookshelves and walls). Buyers need to see themselves in the house, and the more of your personal effects they see, the more difficult this will be for them. Remember, you’re moving anyway so this is a great time to start packing.
Continue reading “Thinking of Putting Your House on the Market ? - Tips for Home Sellers ”...
Real estate values in our area have been trending up since 2011, but so far there has never been a sale of a home over $10,000,000 in Northeast Florida. That may change soon. The FL Times Union just featured an article about two new homes for sale that are priced above $10,000,000. One is a river front house for sale in San Marco and the other is an ocean front house for sale in Ponte Vedra Beach.
Continue reading “Luxury Listings in Jacksonville and Ponte Vedra Beach ”...
We just listed 28 Turtleback Trail, a super cute townhome in Turtleback Crossing. Turtleback Crossing is a great little community in Ponte Vedra Beach's Sawgrass Players Club (TPC). This 2 bedroom/2.5 bath townhouse has a fresh coat of paint, brand new carpet and a newly landscaped courtyard.
Continue reading “New home for sale in Turtleback Crossing - The Sawgrass Players Club ”...
Home sale prices have steadily increased this year in Northeast Florida, making Jacksonville the fifth most expensive city to purchase a new home for sale in the state, according to an article in The Jacksonville Business Journal.
Continue reading “Sale Prices for Homes In Jacksonville Continue to Rise ”...
Looking for something to do this Sunday? Stop by our Open House at 400 Big Tree Road -- we'd love to see you! This lovely home for sale in Odoms Mill has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a beautiful pool and spa. This house in Odoms Mill is situated on a corner lot with a fenced yard and water views. We'll have the house open for previewing from 11:00-1:00.
Continue reading “Odoms Mill Home for Sale Open House this Sunday ”...
More great news for our local real estate market! Recent market data indicates that buyers and builders continue to be very bullish (positive) about residential real estate, both nationally and in Northeast Florida. Building permits for new construction nationwide were at the highest level since the economic crisis of 2008, and housing starts were at the 2nd highest levels. Additionally, mortgage applications continue to rise. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) confidence sentiment gauge held at 60 in July, matching the previous month at the highest since November 2005.
Continue reading “Five Reasons that Buyers and Builders are Bullish on Today’s Housing Market ”...