Thinking of putting your house on the market?. Once you have made the decision to sell (and enlisted the help of a highly competent agent, of course) you need to do everything possible to make your property stand-out and command the attention of buyers. Here are some tips on what to do and why:
- Remember, first impressions count, really count! The curb appeal of your house is critical. Your house must look tidy and well cared for. You want the potential buyers to be excited about coming inside! Make sure the grass is neat, the hedges are trimmed and any decaying limbs are pruned from trees. Plant fresh flowers to add color or enhance planters you have in the entry. This is the time to paint the trim, change the old mailbox, pressure wash the driveway and sidewalk, re-hang or replace shutters and paint the front door. If the door knob and lock are looking shabby they should be polished or replaced too. The entrance hallway should be welcoming. You can add a bench or decorate a table with fresh flowers.
- Before putting your house on the market make any minor repairs. All appliances, doors, windows, and drawers should be in good working order. This would be a very good time to have a home inspection and address any issues found by the inspector.
- Declutter and depersonalize your house (including the closets, bookshelves and walls). Buyers need to see themselves in the house, and the more of your personal effects they see, the more difficult this will be for them. Remember, you’re moving anyway so this is a great time to start packing.
Continue reading “Thinking of Putting Your House on the Market ? - Tips for Home Sellers ”...
Home sale prices have steadily increased this year in Northeast Florida, making Jacksonville the fifth most expensive city to purchase a new home for sale in the state, according to an article in The Jacksonville Business Journal.
Continue reading “Sale Prices for Homes In Jacksonville Continue to Rise ”...
Terence Conran once said, “Home is the heart of life…Home is where were we feel at ease, where we belong, where we can create surroundings that reflect our tastes and pleasures…Making a home is a form of creativity open to everyone.” These words are especially important to remember when your home is for sale. To create those surroundings that will bring harmony to our lives (and to the lives of potential buyers), here are some simple Feng Shui rules to follow:
Continue reading “Feng Shui Tips When Your Home is for Sale ”...
Hurricane Season Insurance Checklist
Hurricane season officially began June 1st. You may have mapped out your evacuation route but have you reviewed your insurance coverage to make sure you are properly protected? Here are a few things to consider:
Check your policy limit; is it enough to rebuild your home? Remember, the real estate value of a house is not the same as the cost to rebuild.
Consider these homeowners coverages and check your limits:
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost – pays the full amount to rebuild your home whatever the ultimate cost.
- Ordinance and Law Coverage – pays a specified amount for rebuilding to new building codes, should your community adopt stricter codes. Older homes may need more coverage.
- Coverage for screened enclosures - Some companies include this coverage, others may add it by endorsement. Make sure you know what coverage you have and what limit applies.
- What is your deductible - this should be is stated in your policy. Policies often have different deductibles for hurricanes and all other perils.
Continue reading “Insurance Tips for Florida Homeowners during Hurricane Season ”...
You probably recognize that selling a house in the current market is a challenge. Once you have made the decision to sell, and enlisted the help of a highly competent agent, you need to do everything possible to make your property stand-out and command the attention of buyers. Below are some tips on what to do and why:
Continue reading “9 Helpful Tips for Selling Your Home ”...