Here are five easy tips for saving energy in your home.
- Add an attic fan. This simple adjustment can save you up to 20% of your average energy bill. PLUS your holiday decorations might not melt in the middle of the summer!
- Use compact florescent bulbs. The initial cost may seem steep, but the bulbs last up to 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb and use 75% less energy.
- Close your curtains to help reduce cooling costs. Even better—install black-out curtains.
- Replace your old washer and dryer. Front loading models use significantly less water and are more energy efficient.
- Turn down your water heater setting. You can save energy by reducing the water temperature to 120 degrees.
Courtesy of The Ponte Vedra Recorder