Terence Conran once said, “Home is the heart of life…Home is where were we feel at ease, where we belong, where we can create surroundings that reflect our tastes and pleasures…Making a home is a form of creativity open to everyone.” These words are especially important to remember when your home is for sale. To create those surroundings that will bring harmony to our lives (and to the lives of potential buyers), here are some simple Feng Shui rules to follow:
- Get rid of clutter. You have to allow the flow of positive energy to enter your home without any obstructions.
- Have good quality air by using an air purifier or by adding plants to your home. Also, add quality lighting by opening your windows and let the sunshine in.
- Keep the front door clean and functional avoiding any squeaking. The door should be well-painted and with good-looking hardware. Also, when walking in or out your home use the front door instead of the garage door.
- Have a water fountain at the entry of your home, either inside or outside the house. Water represents wealth in Feng Shui. The water in the fountain should be flowing towards the center of your house.
- The space above kitchen cabinets attract dust and stagnant energy. The “chi” may get stuck there and encourages dead energy which will hold you back in life. Place some lighting, plants or beautiful and loved objects on top of the cabinets to bring life and transform the energy.
- Keep the bathroom door closed and toilet seat cover down. Since water represents wealth, you don’t want the good energy to be flushed.
- The bed should be facing the door or in a diagonal position from the door. If you can’t position it this way place a mirror so that you can see the door from your bed.
- Windows are the eyes to the world so keep windows cleaned.
- Keep all spaces clean in your house. When you’re cleaning, imagine that the space is being filled with positive energy and visualize your dreams for the future.