Halloween can get a little risky and as a parent, staying updated with the many safety tips is very important. To ensure an accident free, fun-filled evening, we've listed a few tips to consider before taking off!
6 Safety tips to ensure a safe and successful evening of trick-or-treating!
1. Plan a route! The streets are dark and with the heavy foot traffic, getting lost isn't impossible.
2. Wear comfy shoes! After many hours of putting your costume together, it would be a big bummer to have to go home because of painful blisters. For girls, avoid wearing high-heels. Nothing is worse than tripping and scratching your knees!
3. Stay well lit! Apply reflective tape to your child’s costume or carry a flash light to ensure they are seen by drivers on the road.
4. Check your child's candy! When sorting through candy at the end of the night, be sure to throw away any candy that is not in its original wrapper, or looks as though it has been opened.
5. Use a Buddy System! Let them know that they should stay together as a group if going out to Trick or Treat without an adult.
6. Use flexible costume props! Don't carry fake swords, guns, knives or similar accessories that look authentic. Make sure they're flexible and cannot harm anyone.
Happy Halloween! We hope everyone has a great night!